AVR32 BSP

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Oct 15 19:55:57 UTC 2007

Juergen Zeller wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> is anyone planing to develop a BSP for Atmel AVR32?
> The ATNGW32 description sounds nice for me. What are your impressions?

The RTEMS AVR port was started by Ralf.  It is incomplete
and he is the best source of its status.  Given that he has
at least put the shell of the port in place and there are
RPMs you can download, some of the initial work has to be
done.

My google of "ATNGW32" doesn't turn up anything.  Any
16 or 32 bit CPU with 256K of code/data memory should
be a good target to use porting RTEMS.  With that much
memory you can run most of the RTEMS tests.  You can field
applications with less than that but this is tests we are
talking about.

Can you provide a link to the CPU model and board you are
referring to?

--joel