AVR32 BSP

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Oct 15 23:04:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 14:55 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Juergen Zeller wrote:
> > Hello Group,
> >
> > is anyone planing to develop a BSP for Atmel AVR32?
> > The ATNGW32 description sounds nice for me. What are your impressions?
> >

> The RTEMS AVR port was started by Ralf.
The initial motivation for the avr-port in RTEMS basically was aiming at
ironing out 8bit/16bit/32bit portability issues older releases had (and
partially still has) and slimming down RTEMS for "small targets" (aka
tiny rtems).

>   It is incomplete
> and he is the best source of its status.
ATM, the avr port functional score/cpu/avr/* and at least a BSP. I would
not expect implementing these to be much effort for someone with access
to real HW. So far, due to lack of HW (and lack of real demand) nothing
much has happened ;)

Ralf