4.8 examples

Jerry Needell jerry.needell at unh.edu
Mon Sep 10 13:56:07 UTC 2007

Joel,
    I finally got around to downloading and building the CVS head for
the leon3 and everything went well until I  downloaded and  ran some of
the examples from the examples tree. They would build fine, but when I
ran them on a LEON3 (in tsim or hardware) they would fail on an Internal
error. I downloaded the class_examples tree and they worked fine. In
looking at the differences in the Makefiels, I found that in the example
tree, in hello_world_c, the Makefile only include the io Manager. In the
class_examples it include "all" managers. I changed the Makefile to
include all Mamagers and the hello_world_c example ran successfully
under tsim.

So, it looks like the examples tree needs to be updated, and this also
raises the question, what Managers are required for the hello_world_c
example?

Best regards,
Jerry