4.8 Branching Point BSP Update Submission Deadline

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Sep 7 15:03:09 UTC 2007

Kate Feng wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Multiple people asked me privately for the opportunity
>> to merge BSP updates before I branched.  I was happy to
>> do this but wanted to make it clear that there was a deadline.
>> I would like to have all submissions in hand by the end of
>> next week (14 September).
>>
>> Notice I said BSP updates.  Submissions to code inside cpukit
>> will be questioned.
>>
> What if the code change in the cpukit  affect the performance or
> bring in a bug in a  BSP ?
Do you mean a bug that has not been found yet or a cpukit patch
that is submitted with a BSP patch?

There is nothing we can do about the former because it is a bug
we don't know about it.  The latter will get serious consideration.

All patches that fix bugs will be seriously considered.  The goal
is to get more stable so small bug fix patches are OK.  Big patches
that could negatively impact stability will be hard to get in before
the branch.

I'm not stupid and I am not going to deliberately leave out an
a bug fix that is needed and the fix is localized.

--joel