NASA Dawn Mission

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Wed Sep 26 14:14:29 UTC 2007

You probably mean the Dawn Framing Camera (FC). It is controlled
by a LEON2 cpu in a Xilinx FPGA, running RTEMS. Some links
are here, I am sure can google up some more ...

http://portal.acm.org/ft_gateway.cfm?id=1266578&type=pdf&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&CFID=15151515&CFTOKEN=6184618

http://www.cosis.net/abstracts/EGU2007/09388/EGU2007-J-09388.pdf

Jiri.

PS. An interesting question would be who has the most
lines of code in the system. The LEON2 cpu is about
50,000 lines (of VHDL) - how much is RTEMS ...?   :-)