NASA Dawn Mission

Jonathan Kalbfeld jonathan.kalbfeld at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:48:35 UTC 2007

I think I would get fired if I gave a "shout out" to RTEMS over the NASA
voice system, but I'll be thinking of all of you. :)

I have to report tonight at midnight, for a 14 hour shift, and then again on
Friday from midnight to noon.  At 6pm on Friday, my fiancee and I are going
on a two week trip to Europe, so I hope the weather at KSC is nice so the
launch doesn't get postponed into our vacation...

As far as I know, most of the instrumentation gets turned on later in
flight, after we go out of what is called "safe mode" which is like a
single-user mode for the spacecraft.  Of course, this is all based on my
limited hardware knowledge.  I'm a software guy with a finance degree, so I
might be completely misinformed ;)

jonathan