What is "no" application? nm?

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 1 18:20:28 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 10:39 +0300, Leon Pollak wrote:
>
>> On Monday, 31 בMarch 2008, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>>> I am not using kdevelop - Last time I tried, kdevelop could not handle
>>> cross-compilation :/
>>>
>> It handles cross-compilation really good for some (long) time.
>> It is very fast and handy.
>> A bit clumsy debugger interface, but I recommend it.

>>> My advise: Dump kdevelop.
>>>
>> Thanks...:) Will not follow it :))
>>

> Choose your poison.
>
> To me, kdevelop is a semi-functional "greasy kid toy" - Last time I
> checked, it had not been able to import foreign projects, produced junk
> auto*tool support files and did only support one target-at-time
> compilation.
>

>> For example, there was no usage of Cpu_table.exceptions_in_RAM in none of
>> mpc8xxx BSPs.

IIRC, psim is the only target using 'exceptions_in_RAM == FALSE'.
Note, however, that the name is misleading. It only refers to the
address where the
exception vectors are (in_RAM=TRUE -> zero, in_RAM=FALSE -> high address).
However, the (IMHO not so-) wonderful 'new-exceptions' model *always*
requires
the vector table to be writable (met by psim, of course) so the vector table
cannot be in ROM...

HTH
-- Tiill