--wrap ld functionality does not work with Init RTEMS function

Thomas Doerfler (nt) Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Apr 8 21:01:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

Joel, your example is a bit off-topic (sorry for that), because it wraps
a function that is outside the local module.

Have a look at my modified example.

There I have a local function (my_malloc) which is referenced by a
global, constant pointer and which should be wrapped. But the wrapper
will not be called.

This is similar to the Init module problem.

I guess that the compiler already processes the link between the
(const?) pointer and the local function, and therefore the linker is no
longer able to interfer.

sigh,

Thomas

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany