configure command line in installed directories?

Wolfram Wadepohl Wolfram.Wadepohl at ek-automation.com
Thu Apr 17 05:59:15 UTC 2008

Joel Sherrill schrieb:
(...)
> I guess I never cared to look but I have 643 ChangeLogs on
> my Fedora install.  Those are waste of disk space to me as
> a user.  If I cared, I would use the version info on the package
> to hunt them down.
Thats because you don't have to care. As a supplier for the industrie i
have to care for every bit of software which is delivered to control plant
and equipment and i'm resposible for the safety of this facilities too.
Therfore i keep a detailed changelog of my software and if it is integrated
to the binary itself so much the better. In our business it is not possible
to tell the customer "please use the actual version". We have to support
_all_ of our versions. And that was the main reason to choose RTEMS.

> I don't particularly care.  We have survived > 10 years
> without it so it isn't going to make the sun shine or anything.
> It would just make some types of questions easier.
SIC! It would make me my business easier and other users too. Why is that
not important? What will be without it? Maybe the sun shine without RTEMS
in my applications. Sure RTEMS survive without my applications. Who cares?

IMHO it is not a big deal to have some more information about configuration
or what ever this information is called in the installed target binaries.

--
Schöne Grüße aus Reutlingen

Wolfram Wadepohl
Forschung & Entwicklung

E&K AUTOMATION
Indumat GmbH & Co. KG
Siemensstraße 3
72766 Reutlingen
Deutschland

Tel.  +49 7121 514-289
Fax   +49 7121 514-299
eMail Wolfram.Wadepohl at ek-automation.com
       W.Wadepohl at ieee.org
WWW   http://www.ek-automation.com
       http://www.indumat.de

Diese Nachricht ist keine geschäftliche Mitteilung i. S. des EHUG.

Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint- (tm Microsoft) oder OOXML
Anhänge.
Senden Sie mir einfachen Text, HTML oder PDF(ISO/IEC 32000).
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html