rtems-cvs toolchain

Daron Chabot daron.chabot at usask.ca
Tue Apr 22 17:34:20 UTC 2008

On 22-Apr-08, at 12:07 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 22:48 -0700, Till Straumann wrote:
>> Nigel Spon wrote:

>>> Hmm. Forward motion is good, but I seem to have gone too far forward
>>> and wound up in a bog.
>>>
>>> After a lot of updating and unpacking, I find I can't compile gcc
>>> 4.3.0 because it needs mpfr and gmp. I have the latest versions of
>>> these (2.3.1 and 4.2.2) and they build, but they default to 64-
>>> bit (-
>>> m64 -mtune=k8). The gcc build doesn't like this:

I also ran into this same problem on the weekend. I probably should
have reported the problem as soon as I found it...

>> I unpacked the mpfr and gmp sources and then created
>> symlinks from the gcc-4.3.0 topdir
>>
>>    ln  ../mpfr-2.3.1 ./mpfr
>>    ln   ../gmp-4.2.2 ./gmp
>>
>> and then it built fine (linux-x86_64 host, powerpc-rtems target)

Yes: giving mpfr and gmp the same sym-link treatment as newlib works.

> Also, so far, all platforms I've built gcc-4.3.0 for, ship a
> sufficiently new gmp, but some of them ship an insufficient mpfr.

This is the case on mac os 10.4 as well.

-- dc