rtems-cvs toolchain

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Tue Apr 22 21:27:02 UTC 2008

On 23/04/2008, at 5:34 AM, Daron Chabot wrote:

>>> I unpacked the mpfr and gmp sources and then created
>>> symlinks from the gcc-4.3.0 topdir
>>>
>>>   ln  ../mpfr-2.3.1 ./mpfr
>>>   ln   ../gmp-4.2.2 ./gmp
>>>
>>> and then it built fine (linux-x86_64 host, powerpc-rtems target)
>
> Yes: giving mpfr and gmp the same sym-link treatment as newlib works.
>
>> Also, so far, all platforms I've built gcc-4.3.0 for, ship a
>> sufficiently new gmp, but some of them ship an insufficient mpfr.
>
> This is the case on mac os 10.4 as well.

Ah. For me this doesn't seem to work; the gmp build fails with:

configure:32993: checking lex output file root
configure:33004: flex conftest.l
flex: fatal internal error, exec failed
flex: error writing output file lex.yy.c
configure:33007: $? = 1
configure:33014: error: cannot find output from flex; giving up

I am using 10.5.2, which might have something to do with it...

---
" The boy stood on the burning deck, whence all but he had fled!
Twit."

Michael Hamel
ADInstruments Ltd, Dunedin, NZ