what exception model should I use ?

阎淼 yanmiaobest at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 12:01:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

   I am using rtems4.8,  and the README file is allocated at
c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc, some of the contents:

   At this time, support is included for the following PowerPC
family members using the new exception processing model:

  + mpc505
  + mpc5xx (5xx devices other than 505/509)
  + mpc6xx
  + mpc750
  + mpc821
  + mpc823 (uses mpc821 directory)
  + mpc850 (uses mpc860 directory)
  + mpc860
  + mpc8260

The following PowerPC family members are supported but
still use the old exception processing model:

  + ppc403
  + ppc405 (uses ppc403 directory)
  + ppc6xx (no libcpu support)
 so I thought ppc603e is supported by old exception processing model.

and If I use new exception processing, I should just use code under
c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/new-exception, right?

do I need to define any special macros ?