--wrap ld functionality does not work with Init RTEMS function

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 8 17:38:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

Joel Sherrill schrieb:
> Aitor.Viana.Sanchez at esa.int wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> does anybody knows why when trying to wrap the Init RTEMS function
>> with the ld --wrap functionality everything compiles well but
>> eventually the wrapper function is not executed?
>>
>> Maybe I am missing something, but is taking me a while to discover why.
>>

> Init is a task/thread and threads will not return to the wrapper.
> They are entered but exit via rtems_task_delete or pthread_exit.
>
> I would expect the wrapper to be entered, then Init but no return
> from Init.

Normally Init will be referenced from within the same module: The
"init.c" module contains the first task AND the default list in init
tasks (somehwere deep down in system.h -> confdefs.h). And therefore I
would expect that the pointer in the list of init tasks will point to
the REAL function, no matter how it might have been renamed.

Does this make sense?

wkr,
Thomas.

>> Regards,
>>
>> Aitor

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de