Where are the packets?

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Aug 18 08:21:03 UTC 2008

Hello.

I need to properly receive ethernet bursts of 4000 UDP packets in my
application. For this I changed the driver tasks priorities to be higher
(lower by value) then the stack task (ntwk).

My MPC8260 FCC driver properly receives all 4000 packets and passes them to
the ether_input(...). I also check the memory state in the driver by:
	if ((mmbfree == 0) || (mclfree == 0)){....
and did not observed this situation even once.

But still the application (that does nothing but recv(...)) receives only 28
packets.

How can I trace/know what happened to the rest 3972?

Many many thanks ahead.
---
Leon