Powerpc bare bsp

Greg.Marsden at l-3com.com Greg.Marsden at l-3com.com
Mon Dec 1 13:17:24 UTC 2008

Is the bare bsp supported in the powerpc-rtems?  We use the multilib
version and it builds with no problems, but I was hoping to take
advantage of the new bootcard.c and all, but they are not built into the
multilib libraries. Our BSP is outside the RTEMS tree and I had to make
a number of changes to support 4.9, accessing the library version of
boot_card would simplify our BSP and hopefully avoid more changes for
new versions of RTEMS.

I tried to build the bare bsp with commands similar to the following,
but it complains about a missing cpuIdent.h header files in the make. I
can provide logs if anyone wants to see them. It did not work with 4.7
either, although the errors were different.

../rtems-4.9.0/configure --target=powerpc-rtems4.9 --disable-posix
--disable-itron --disable-tests --enable-bare-cpu-cflags=-m405
--enable-bare-cpu-model=ppc405 --enable-rtemsbsp=bare
make all

Thx - Greg