Cache manager questions

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Dec 2 15:32:15 UTC 2008

Hello, all.

After a bit carefull study of some of the cache aspects I have several
questions and will be glad to hear the guru's opinion:

1. I already asked previously: why the cache manager uses functions instead of
macros for invalidating one line (one machine command). Significant speed
improvement seems to be obvious here.

2. Cache manager does not make use of several other cache related commands,
which IMHO may be usefull: store line instead of flush, touch instead of
invalidate, etc.

If there are no objections, I would like to introduce these changes.

Thanks.
--
Leon