Mono and RTEMS: Anyone Interested?

Fri Dec 5 16:34:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

An RTEMS user has expressed interest in porting Mono
(http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page) to RTEMS.
For those who are unaware, Mono is the open source
implementation of the Microsoft .NET platform.  The goal
for the RTEMS port is to support the JIT compiler
and run-time running on RTEMS.  .NET assemblies
(e.g. executables) can be constructed on the development
host.

My investigation shows that this is a very feasible project.

Is there anyone who is interested in providing partial
funding so we can bring this effort to fruition?

Please contact me directly if you are interested.  This project
will allow a large base of software to be hosted on RTEMS.