Building error

erki.szabolcs at itport.hu erki.szabolcs at itport.hu
Wed Dec 17 10:08:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I started with RTEMS yesterday following the Quick Start guide. I checked
out the code from CVS using Eclipse on Ubuntu and converted RTEMS 4.9 RPM
packages to deb using "alien" as mentioned in this list earlier. The
packages installed:

rtems-4.9-apt-conf				install
rtems-4.9-autoconf				install
rtems-4.9-automake				install
rtems-4.9-binutils-common			install
rtems-4.9-gcc-common				install
rtems-4.9-gdb-common				install
rtems-4.9-newlib-common				install
rtems-4.9-sparc-rtems4.9-binutils		install
rtems-4.9-sparc-rtems4.9-gcc			install
rtems-4.9-sparc-rtems4.9-gcc-c++		install
rtems-4.9-sparc-rtems4.9-gdb			install
rtems-4.9-sparc-rtems4.9-newlib			install
rtems-4.9-yum-conf				install

So, the platform is sparc, the PATH is OK:

szasza at szasza-laptop:~/workspace/RTEMS/rtems$ echo $PATH
/opt/rtems-4.9/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

But when I start bootstrap, I get this error:

szasza at szasza-laptop:~/workspace/RTEMS/rtems$ sudo ./bootstrap
./cpukit
./bootstrap: 226: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 226: autoheader: not found
./bootstrap: 226: automake: not found
./bootstrap: 226: autoconf: not found
grep: Makefile.in: No such file or directory
./contrib/rtemsrpms
./bootstrap: 226: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 226: automake: not found
./bootstrap: 226: autoconf: not found
grep: Makefile.in: No such file or directory
./contrib/repo-conf
./bootstrap: 226: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 226: automake: not found
./bootstrap: 226: autoconf: not found
grep: Makefile.in: No such file or directory
./contrib/apt-conf
./bootstrap: 226: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap: 226: automake: not found
./bootstrap: 226: autoconf: not found
grep: Makefile.in: No such file or directory

---

All the executable files are in their appropriate place. What did I mess up?
Sorry for asking a silly question, but I'm really newbie in RTEMS.

Thanks,
Szasza