Caches on G2 PowerPC/network problem

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Fri Dec 19 09:47:10 UTC 2008

Hello.

I should like to express my tremendous gratitude to Till and Thomas for the
VERY! detailed explanation of the cache issue in my case. Their help is
impossible to overestimate.

Finally, the small issue you asked about the dcbi command. Below are several
citations from the G2 Core Reference Manual:

"The supervisor-level cache management instruction in the PowerPC
architecture, dcbi, should not be used on the G2 core. If it is used it can
cause a data storage interrupt."

"                           NOTE
The dcbi instruction should never be used on the G2 core."

"Note that the dcbi instruction should never be used on the G2 core."

....and man times more inside the manual.

Again and again - thousands of thanks.
--
Leon