PC386 Question Info in Exception Message

Mon Feb 11 19:37:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I don't have time to look into this and was hoping
someone out there could explain it or fix it. :D

I am trying to do as much testing of gcc's SVN trunk
before 4.3.0 is out.  I have reasonably good results
on SPARC/sis and PowerPC/psim but ~300 of the ~2300
tests for i386/pc386 on qemu fail with something like
this:

=================================

---- CB20001 Check that exceptions can be handled in accept bodies.
 Exception 6 caught at PC 4C by thread 184614915
 Processor execution context at time of the fault was  :
  EAX = 172975    EBX = 1622D0    ECX = 1729E5    EDX = 1729A8
  ESI = 4    EDI = 4    EBP = 2221E0    ESP = 172770
 Error code pushed by processor itself (if not 0) = 0
  ************ FAULTY THREAD WILL BE DELETED **************

Since PC=4C is down in the vector table, I am rather suspicious
it is not in the RTEMS application.  Exception 6 is an illegal
instruction. So it could be something qemu doesn't like,
a blown stack, etc.  But this message doesn't point to
something that I can find via objdump.

Any thoughts?  Fixes?