Correction to the "Ethernet problem"

Mon Feb 4 16:44:20 UTC 2008

Leon Pollak wrote:
>> Apart from this hint: maybe you can check/eliminate part of the
>> communication path, by directly connecting the PC and the RTEMS system
>> using a TP crossover cable.
>>
> I think this was the most productive idea..:)
> To rework the cables was the problem, but I connected my PC and the box via
> the old 10BaseT HUB and, meanwhile, I am not able to reproduce the problem -
> nothing is lost!

Great.  Finally something to hang onto. :)

If you use the same test network setup but replace the RTEMS
box with another PC, do you see the same behavior?

Do you have another brand of switch?

I am wondering if the switch is eating a packet that a hub doesn't.
We have been focusing on your driver and it may not be that.

--joel