Option -fcref

Thu Feb 7 14:05:30 UTC 2008

leonp at plris.com wrote:
> Sorry to return, but I hope, this mail was missed:
>
> Hello, all.
>
> I am trying to use the rtems-4.9 tool set and have the following problem.
>
> My g++ call for years had:
>
>  -Xlinker @/path/to/file/LinkOptions
>
> where LinkOptions contains parameter where I set my own specific linker
> parameters:
>  -Mmapfile --cref -T linkcmds
>
> It worked fine with rtems-4.7 tool set too. Now, with rtems-4.9 I receive the
> following:
>
> cciplus: unrecognized command line option "-fcref"
>
> Removing the --cref from LinkOptions, goes further and '-T' option is not
> recognized.
>
> I tried to put "@/..." after -Xlinker - no effect. Putting '' instead makes
> the ld to shout that it does not find the '@/path/to/file/LinkOptions' file,
> i.e. it searched it with ''.
>
> Why cciplus takes the LinkOpts file?

I think it is just an argument parsing issue.  Turn -v on
and try the command line by hand.  I see a few BSPs doing
similar command lines but without the external file.  We
use that on ar though in the RTEMS Makefiles.

A couple of examples from the custom files:

gba.cfg:            -Wl,-Map,$(basename $@).map -o $(basename $@).nxe \
pc386.cfg:      $(LINK.c) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS)
-Wl,-Ttext,$(RELOCADDR) \
mbx860_005b.cfg:MBX8xx_LDFLAGS=-Wl,--defsym -Wl,HeapSize=0x100000

I think it just isn't getting parsed the same way but the above
work on all the tool versions without change AFAIK.

--joel