rtems gdb stub with virtex issue

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Tue Feb 12 22:51:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:49:55 -0800, tstraumann at SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU
said:
> Hmm - isn't gen405 still using 'old exceptions' ?

Well spotted - I forgot that :S

> If so, I can't imagine how it could possibly work.

It would take some pretty serious imagining ;P

> I'll get started on a virtex PPC myself these days
> (albeit a different BSP) and I'll be able to test
> on this platform myself (but I'm gone for 2 weeks
> so it takes a while)...

No sweat. I think I'm right about the machine debug configuration: DBCR0
(controls powerpc debug exceptions) is not set up correctly for our
virtex-based system (note that we are not using the default virtex
bootcode).

I'll check this tomorrow morning - should resolve the issue I reckon.

Tim