rtems gdb stub with virtex issue

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Tue Feb 12 15:02:56 UTC 2008

Hi Till,

I think I'm onto something - could you tell me which bsp's you're using
the stub with?

Here's the problem in a nutshell:

1. [device] stops on breakpoint
2. [gdb] type continue (gdb issues a 'step')
3. [device] enable TRACE exception to single step. (phase 1 of stepping)
4. [device] thread continues happily ever after.

there is no step 5 - the trace exception is never hit, which makes me
think that our ppc external/internal debug configuration isn't paying
ball... let me know if this sounds like I'm off track :)

Is anyone else using the stub with virtex/gen405? Works ok?

Cheers,
Tim