Help regarding linkcmds file

Rahman, Md Sazzadur sazzad at ou.edu
Thu Jan 10 00:30:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have ported SCTP(Stream Control Transmission Protocol) in RTEMS from FreeBSD. This is a transport layer protocol and resides with TCP/UDP networking codes in kernel. I have tested it in rtems4.7 and rtems-20011210 in pc386 BSP and it worked well.

However, I need to test it in mpc8260ads BSP, ppc CPU family in rtems-20011210. But  I encountered the following errors by the linker when compiling the SCTP application Makefile:

ld: address 0x10bc20 of o-optimize/sctpApp.exe section .text is not within region ram
ld: section .data [00019004 -> 00020b8b] overlaps section .text [00010000 -> 0010bc1f]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [o-optimize/sctpApp.exe] Error 1

I guess this is due to the increased size of libnetworking library for ported SCTP. I have found that linkcmds file is responsible for these size specifications but I am not sure how I should modify this linkcmds file to resolve this issue. I have attached linkcmds file and the specification of the board herewith this mail.

I would appreciate any suggestion in this regard.

Best Regards,
Md Sazzadur Rahman
Graduate Student,
School of Computer Science,