Interrupt -Vector for the parallel port interrupt on x86

Wed Jun 18 14:38:03 UTC 2008

Christian Poessinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing an application using RTEMS 4.8 on an Intel Pentium 4
> system. I want to use the Interrupt 7 (parallel port) as a source for
> external interrupts.
>
> My problem is that the rtems_interrupt_catch() function needs an
> interrupt-vector and not an interrupt number, like other RTOS. I wasn't
> able to find the vector address for the external interrupt 7 of the
> parallel port. Can anyone on the list provide me the correct vector
> address?

rtems_interrupt_catch is only for architectures that
use Simple Vectored Interrupts.  On the x86, PowerPC,
and ARM, RTEMS uses a Programmable Interrupt Controller
interrupt model.  You need to be using the functions
defined in <rtems/irq.h>.

On the CVS head, the documentation should be a little
clearer about this.  But it may not be 100% there.  It
would be even better if the rtems_interrupt_catch()
code were disabled on architectures that didn't use it.

Sorry for the confusion.