qemu and netdemo

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Sat Mar 1 20:23:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've developed a simple test program based on netdemo for pc386. It
basically inits the stack and cyclicly prints out network statistics
data. When running the app in qemu and sending a broadcast ping from
Linux to the network I can see that the counters show network traffic.

But the ping sent from Linux times out and seems not to receive a
reply from the app inside qemu.

Does someone has an idea what the problem could be? Has someone an
example on how to setup the network interface for qemu under Linux?

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter Mueller