GSOC application feedback

Wed Mar 26 16:01:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

Not to pick on Madhusudan but now that I think
about it, some of the general comments I made
are likely beneficial to most of you.

Look at my reply:

http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-users/2008-March/002997.html

I had technical comments specific to his proposal
but most of my comments were trying to help
him avoid "I will" and to find ways to tighten
the English.

Proposal writing is very difficult and something
that can only be learned by doing and getting
suggestions.  Don't take anything too personal.

If you end up entering any type of research
or contracting career path, you will end up
writing these all the time.  Each time has its
own set of bizarre rules but you must clearly
get your point across in all cases.

And your idea must sound like the best
thing in the world. :-D