BSP for 405EX

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Fri Mar 28 02:03:42 UTC 2008

I have been experimenting with RTEMS 4.8 on my Mac under OSX, and
things seem to be working. I have managed to build a powerpc-gdb and
connect to my target board via a PC running the Macraigor remote gdb
tool, so it looks as though I can actually develop and debug with this
configuration, which is pretty encouraging (and a bit of a surprise,
to be honest).

The target board is an AMCC Haleakala eval board and has a PPC405EXr
processor, for which no BSP exists. I presume my next step is going to
be to build a BSP, but the documentation seems to indicate that if the
processor isn't supported I have to take other steps first. I'm not
sure if the processor is supported; the 405 appears to be, is that all
I need? I'm also wondering what to base my BSP on, and if I should
stay with 4.8 or go to 4.9? The PPC405EX has quite a few onboard
facilities (Ethernet, timers, UARTs) that I presume could go into a
fairly generic BSP for the 405EX. Is this the right way to proceed?

--
"The command could not be completed because it cannot be moved into
itself"

Michael Hamel