BSP for 405EX

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Mar 28 07:40:43 UTC 2008

Nigel,

the 405 core is supported.

Don't be confused: quite recently we dropped support for a"gen405" BSP,
because it was still stuck to the "old exception model". Background: For
some years, there were two methods to hook exception handlers and
interrupt handlers to a PowerPC-based system. gen405 was one of the last
BSPs that used the "old exception handling" scheme and was dropped some
weeks ago.

But: the "virtex" BSP is also based on a 405 CPU, and it works with the
"new exception processing", so this BSP will be a better base for your work.

The next step for you should really be to build a set of drivers,
possibly in "c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/ppc405" and a BSP in
"c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/haleakala" (or which name might ever be
applicable).

wkr,
Thomas.