can not install rtems4.8-tools-autotools-17.exe

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Mar 4 04:47:35 UTC 2008

?? wrote:
> I use the installer, mingw is installed to c:\mingw
> MSTS is installed to c:\msys\1.0
> all are their default directory

That should be ok.

> It works fine on my laptop, but failed on my workstation. May be it's
> because I didn't use the administrator account.

Interesting. It must have done something. Is the RTEMS installer running as
just a user or the administrator ?

> BTW: if I use the mingw tarball, how can I install the devel tools?

The install checks for the above locations for a few files plus the registry
if it cannot find the location. I have plans to add a dialog box if it cannot
be found so you can guide the installer. I have not yet down this work.

Regards
Chris