Stack Checker in rtems-4.8.0 - is it broken?

Wed Mar 5 01:40:13 UTC 2008

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the stack checker still work?  My app using powerpc/virtex BSP
> seems to fail on startup when the stack checker task is created in
> taskinitusers.c/_RTEMS_tasks_Initialize_user_tasks_body().  I get an
> exception 7 - here is the dump:

There is no stack checker task.  It is a user extension.

It works in 4.8 as far as the test program stackchk.exe goes.

You are on the "BSP initialization stack" at this point in the program
initialization.  I suspect you have blown your initialization stack
or the RTEMS workspace and the BSP initialization stack overlap.
Thus when the stack checker writes the pattern for the first
created task, it destroys the stack you are running on.

Does this make sense?