I want to participate in GSoC from RTEMS

Madhusudan C.S madhusudancs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:45:34 UTC 2008

Hi Joel,
            I installed all the packages you said, I had actually installed
CPU packages earlier. I now installed all the common packages. I then did a
bootstrap again and ran configure in the same way you have given. There were
no errors. But when I type make, I again get this errror

configure: creating make/sis.cache
make[3]: Entering directory `/media/professional/rtems/b-sis/sparc-rtems4.9
/c/sis'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/professional/rtems/b-sis/sparc-rtems4.9
/c/sis'
checking for RTEMS_CPU_MODEL... erc32
checking for RTEMS_BSP_FAMILY... (cached) erc32
checking for CPU_CFLAGS... (cached) -mcpu=cypress
checking for CFLAGS_OPTIMIZE_V... (cached) -O2 -g
checking for sparc-rtems4.9-gcc... sparc-rtems4.9-gcc
checking for sparc-rtems4.9-gcc... (cached) sparc-rtems4.9-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.
make[2]: *** [sis] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/professional/rtems/b-sis/sparc-rtems4.9
/c'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/professional/rtems/b-sis/sparc-rtems4.9
/c'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

what does this mean, "configure: error: C compiler cannot create
executables"??

--
With regards,
Madhusudan.C.S