Another GSOC application

Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com Sven.BIEBAUT at be.thalesgroup.com
Wed Mar 26 08:50:09 UTC 2008

<snip>

 Another idea concerns a project that may become my Undergraduate Thesis.
I've been thinking in adapting I-Logix Rhapsody in order to have a UML tool
(with great code-generation capabilities) for rtems on erc32. This would
make possible the use of modern Software Engineering concepts, leading to
fast model-driven development and analysis of real-time embedded software.

 <snip>

André Keller

Hello,

This IMHO could do wonders for the adoption of  RTEMS on a lot of
avionics/military projects where Rhapsdy is very much used. The great thing
about an adaptor in rhapsody is that it only abstracts the OS API, which
means that as soon as it is written, it is peanuts to have it on others as
you only need to select a new build environment. Since this is gcc for all
RTEMS, you only need to modify a few batch files/scripts to add a cpu.

As Telelogic (formerly known as i-logix) has a mingw based adaptor for win32
console applications, the necessary batchfiles can be adapted from there to
make it work. I do not know if there are license issues with that approach.
That might need to be verified.

HTH,

Sven Biebaut