Building 4.8 on OS X

Alan Cudmore Alan.P.Cudmore at nasa.gov
Wed Mar 26 23:50:16 UTC 2008

When you run the configure command for the RTEMS source, make sure
you specify powerpc-rtems4.8:

I use the script below to build RTEMS. It works on OS X.

Alan

------------------

#!/bin/bash
#
# Coldfire Development kit RTEMS build script version 2.0
# Alan Cudmore -- NASA/GSFC
#
# Enhancements copied from psptoolchain build script by:
# Dan Peori <peori at oopo.net>
#

#
# Settings: Directories, target architecture
#
SOURCE_DIR=/opt/coldfire-devkit-4/rtems-src
INSTALL_DIR=/opt/rtems-4.9
TARGET=m68k-rtems4.9

#
# Which version of RTEMS are we building?
#
RTEMS_VERSION=4.9-cvs
# RTEMS_VERSION=4.9

#
# configure, build and install RTEMS
#
rm -rf build-rtems
mkdir build-rtems
cd build-rtems
$SOURCE_DIR/rtems-$RTEMS_VERSION/configure --target=$TARGET --prefix=
$INSTALL_DIR --enable-posix --disable-itron --enable-networking --
enable-cxx || { echo "ERROR CONFIGURING RTEMS"; exit; }
make RTEMS_BSP="mcf5235" || { echo "ERROR BUILDING RTEMS"; exit; }
make RTEMS_BSP="mcf5235" install || { echo "ERROR INSTALLING RTEMS";
exit; }
cd ..

echo "Done!"