What is "no" application? nm?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Mar 31 16:14:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 19:06 +0300, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Ralf,
> Thank you for reply, but I am affraid that the issue is a bit different:
>
> I checked - powerpc-rtems-nm IS in the path.

I guess you are not using our standard tools? We do not ship
powerpc-rtems-nm, we ship powerpc-rtems4.8-nm.

BTW: There are good reasons to do so - I strongly recommend against
using "cpu-rtems" as target-name. It doesn't make much of a difference
to binutils, but there are substantial differences in newlib.

>  And it does not work. But if I
> add the link in the same directory where the powerpc-rtems-nm resides to
> itself and call it 'no', everything works fine till the end!
Don't do that - You are shooting yourself into the foot.

Second thought: You seem to be using a proprietary BSP, probably one
with a pre-rtems4.8 history.

Do other (opensource) BSPs build for you?

Ralf