What is "no" application? nm?

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Mar 31 16:36:46 UTC 2008

On Monday, 31 בMarch 2008, you wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 19:06 +0300, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > Ralf,
> > Thank you for reply, but I am affraid that the issue is a bit different:
> >
> > I checked - powerpc-rtems-nm IS in the path.
> I guess you are not using our standard tools? We do not ship
> powerpc-rtems-nm, we ship powerpc-rtems4.8-nm.
>
> BTW: There are good reasons to do so - I strongly recommend against
> using "cpu-rtems" as target-name. It doesn't make much of a difference
> to binutils, but there are substantial differences in newlib.
Actually, I do use standard tools, just make links to them with the names
without "4.8" in the same directory. This way I can use my projects without
changing them with different versions.

> >  And it does not work. But if I
> > add the link in the same directory where the powerpc-rtems-nm resides to
> > itself and call it 'no', everything works fine till the end!
>
> Don't do that - You are shooting yourself into the foot.
I did it only for testing.

> Second thought: You seem to be using a proprietary BSP, probably one
> with a pre-rtems4.8 history.
Yes!!!
Mine is modified mpc8260ads.
Where can I read about the required changes to adapt mine to 4.8 requirements?
Sorry

> Do other (opensource) BSPs build for you?
Did not tried. But immediately will.
Thanks again. Just, please, where to read about the differences to 4.8?
I already see several while debugging (crashes on exception initializing,
etc...)

--
Leon