PPC403 clock code

Nigel Spon nigel at adi.co.nz
Thu May 1 00:21:26 UTC 2008

I'm going to need to make changes to the PPC403 clock driver code, as
it assumes that 'ppc405' means PPC405GP, and the PPC405EX has
different DCRs. The code contains a lot of #ifdefs on (a) the ppc405
and (b) PPC_HAS_CLASSIC_EXCEPTIONS (ahem). I know RTEMS doesn't
support 'classic' exceptions any more, so I presume that could come
out. It looks as though the PPC403 isn't really supported any more
either, as the helas403 BSP has gone, and the chip isn't sold any more.

Should I derive a PPC405, new-exceptions-only clock.c and put it in my
BSP, make minimal modifications to the old code, or follow some other
course?

Regards,

---
"Its only a model."