ERC32 BSP (a bit further this time)

Neil Mayes N.Mayes at sstl.co.uk
Tue May 6 09:22:37 UTC 2008

Hi Philip,

> A.  How do you know you are not returning from
> rtems_initialize_executive_early()?
I have a GPIO driving an LED and on return from boot_card I am setting
the LED high. I added early returns from boot_card and can see I never
return from rtems_initialize_executive_early. Now I can see I never
return from _CPU_Initialize. If the LED does not light I have not
returned.

> B.  You mentioned that you have modified start.S (presumably
> from
> "\rtems-4.8\rtems-4.8.0\c\src\lib\libbsp\sparc\shared\start.S"
>  ).  What are the "specific HW setup" that you did in start.S?
OK, I am setting my HW memory config (2Mbyte SRAM (1Mbyte per memcs), 2
memory chip selects used, parity disabled), wait states set to 0 ws read
and 0 ws write, for 10 Mhz sysclk, disabling the watchdog timer and
setting UARTs to use the WDCLK @ 38K4 8 2 N. I am copying the same CPU
init code as the mkprom so clearing FPU regs, all windows etc.

Regards,
Neil