ERC32 BSP (a bit further this time)

Neil Mayes N.Mayes at sstl.co.uk
Tue May 6 10:18:33 UTC 2008

Hi Philip,

> By right, it is better to put the "specific HW setup" code in
> the bootloader, rather than the start.S.  The start.S is
> shared among ERC32 and LEON.
Yes the bootloader does do the HW setup however when it was not working
I needed to be sure I was working from a solid foundation, hence the
re-init of HW.

> Do you happen to clear the memory before loading the image
> into the RAM?
Yes the linker mapping has been modified for 2M

> I am not sure if that is a problem.
> Please also check the linkcmds file. You might need to change
> the RAM size.  If I understand correctly, the default memory
> size for the ERC32 BSP is 4 Meg and you only have 2 Meg.  So,
> the compiler may have set the workspace to beyond 2 Meg.

I have tracked it down to _CPU_Context_save_fp, so checking what goes
wrong in there, I'll let you know what the issue is when I have found
it!

> Hope that helps.  Otherwise, we can try looking elsewhere for
> the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Philip

Thanks,