BSP for 405

Michael™ Hamel mhamel at adi.co.nz
Wed May 7 00:12:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a basic BSP (called kilauea) for the PPC405GP/GPr/EX/EXr that
uses the new exceptions middleware and appears to work correctly on my
405EXr hardware, so I am wondering what my next step should be. I have
only the console, timer, and clock drivers up, and I seem to be able
to run the test programs, or at least the random ten or so that I have
tried.

I have had to make a few changes outside of my BSP directory to
support the DCRs on the 405, which is getting classified as a Book E
CPU although it isn't quite. I am working on a network driver for the
onboard MAL/EMAC, but that will obviously take some time.

What further testing should I do, and when (and how) should I submit
the BSP for inclusion in rtems-cvs?

---
"Not *another* shrubbery!"

Michael Hamel