DHCP server

Wed May 7 16:31:33 UTC 2008

Maurizio Scavazzon wrote:

>     Dear all,
>       does anybody know if a DHCP server can be implemented in a
>     device running with rtems ?
>
>     In most cases I've read news about dhcp client, but in my case,
>     what I need is my device acts as a dhcp server over the lan.

I haven't seen an answer so decided to post.  The general answer
is that there is not one included in the standard distribution
and I do not know of a port of an existing one to RTEMS.

So that leaves you identifying a suitable DHCP server
implementation for RTEMS both from a technical
and licensing view.  In general, I would expect one to
be fairly straightforward to port.  main() will have to
change names, you will have to provide a method
to start the server and run it in a dedicated task,
etc.

With a quick search I turned up this one:

http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/dhcp/

which looks to meet the licensing requirement
and claims to be highly portable.

If you do end up porting it to RTEMS, feel free to
ask questions on the list.  Paid help is available
from multiple people on the list if you need it.

At the end, update the RTEMS Wiki with info
about your successful port and submit all
patches to the originating project.  We can host
diffs as well.