A couple of BSP questions

Michael Hamel mhamel at adi.co.nz
Wed May 14 21:58:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am making progress with a PPC405EX BSP and am trying to move code
into a generic libcpu/powerpc/ppc4xx directory, but I'm not sure how
to organise it. I have conditional sections that need to know whether
a PPC405EX/EXr or a GP/GPr/CR is in use (e.g DCR values). The libcpu
code therefore needs to see a definition somewhere from the BSP, e.g
PPC4XX_SUBTYPE that selects between these options. This could come
from bsp.h, or it could go into the CPU_CFLAGS options in the .cfg
file, which I see is what the virtex BSP does. I'm not sure what would
be best practice?

Second, I see that in ppc_exc_bspsupp.h, interrupt handlers are
defined as:

typedef int (*ppc_exc_handler_t)(BSP_Exception_frame *f, unsigned int
vector);

What value should they return in the int?

Regards,
---
"Not *another* shrubbery!"

Michael Hamel