BSP for 405

Wed May 7 15:48:57 UTC 2008

Thomas Dörfler wrote:
> Michael,
>
> we appreciate having a modern PPC405 BSP in RTEMS, apart from the virtex
> BSP which always will have a special role and treatment.
>
> Apart from the hint Chris gave you, please feel free to contact me
> whenever a question comes up concerning PPC BSP integration.

Given that it is running ticker and other tests, I suggest
that you send a copy to Thomas for a review.  If the basic
BSP is ready to merge, he can go ahead and merge it.
It will be painless to add the networking after the
basic BSP is committed.

Better to merge a functional basic BSP.  Others may
pitch in and help then.  If you don't submit it, I can
guarantee no one else will touch it.
> A BSP typically is dedicated to one board (or a group of similar
> boards). Therefore the major test platform will be your physical board.
> An additional test for the changes you made to general code will be to
> build same additional PPC BSPs, just to check whether you inadvertedly
> broke something for other derivates.
>
> A reasonable list for additions PPC BSPs might be:
>
> MVME5500 mpc8349eamds brs5l mcp750
> would

I can build everything to verify nothing broke in the build.
But you are right, he should build BSPs which share code
with his BSP to make sure anything touched didn't break.

If you didn't modify any shared code, then there is little to
test. :-D

--joel