plugin mods

Daron Chabot daronchabot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 03:21:44 UTC 2008

I've committed several modifications & additions to the plugin. Check
out the CVS version tag v0_1.

Sebastian, Robert: lemme know if this version works for you as
expected on Linux and Windows (respectively), 'cause it works on my
Mac :-)

Mods include:
1) removing arch/os limitations for host machine
2) remove unnecessary flags/options
3) add more stringent testing for the value of
RTEMS_BSP_DEFINED_SYMBOLS. Robert, i don't think any of the values
you state for this var in the wiki are required.

Addition of a simpler, "Hello World" template. In fact, it is just
the code from testsuites/samples/hello. Note, the page immediately
following the New C Project & Executable->Rtems Hello World Template:
this is just a quick & dirty example of how we could override
settings from a Preference Page.

I'll commit a Preference addition to the plugin (probably tomorrow).
This will provide a semi-static place to store critical variables like:
1) RTEMS_INSTALL_LOCATION (eg: /opt/rtems)
2) RTEMS_ARCH: (eg: i386)
3) RTEMS_BSP: (eg: pc386)

Like I said before, that way we only pollute Eclipse's environment
variables and we'll have a (consistent) way to access them through
the build system and plugin machinery.

I going to go sulk now, 'cause Calgary won the Grey Cup... :-(  I
think some sorrow drowning is in order.

-- dc

BTW -- Sebastian, what's up with the cvs project
"org.rtems.cdt.toolchain2" ??