plugin first steps

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Nov 26 03:47:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 09:56 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
> Sebastian Huber wrote:
> > Chris Johns wrote:
> >>>
> >> I have not followed in detail where they are getting the info from but
> >> Makefiles would concern me.
> >
> > With from Makefiles I mean run make with a special Makefile and parse
> > the output of the make run.
> >

> Sorry I do not know what this means.

I guess he is talking about converting *.cfg etc. into a different
format by running make. Essentially the same approach as I use to
extract *.cfgs in c/src/configure.ac and c/src/Makefile.am
(check for make.bsp and make.cache).

As you likely know, I consider this to be a blatant hack to work around
the ugliness RTEMS had inherited from the past. The *.cfgs and the
Makefile-templates are crap.

Ralf