plugin first steps

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Nov 28 12:37:41 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 09:56 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
>> Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> With from Makefiles I mean run make with a special Makefile and parse
>>> the output of the make run.
>>>
>> Sorry I do not know what this means.
>
> I guess he is talking about converting *.cfg etc. into a different
> format by running make. Essentially the same approach as I use to
> extract *.cfgs in c/src/configure.ac and c/src/Makefile.am
> (check for make.bsp and make.cache).
>
> As you likely know, I consider this to be a blatant hack to work around
> the ugliness RTEMS had inherited from the past. The *.cfgs and the
> Makefile-templates are crap.

Yes, that is right.  I want to use this Makefile:

include $(RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH)/Makefile.inc
include $(RTEMS_CUSTOM)
include $(PROJECT_ROOT)/make/leaf.cfg

all:
	@echo CPP
	@for i in $(CPP) ; do printf "\t%s\n" "$$i" ; done
	@echo AS
	@for i in $(AS) ; do printf "\t%s\n" "$$i" ; done
	@echo COMPILE.c
	@for i in $(COMPILE.c) ; do printf "\t%s\n" "$$i" ; done
	@echo COMPILE.cc
	@for i in $(COMPILE.cc) ; do printf "\t%s\n" "$$i" ; done
	@echo LINK.c
	@for i in $(LINK.c) ; do printf "\t%s\n" "$$i" ; done
	@echo LINK.cc
	@for i in $(LINK.cc) ; do printf "\t%s\n" "$$i" ; done

The RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH is provided by the plug-in properties.  Every
time the user changes the project properties make will be invoked with
this Makefile.  The output of this process will be parsed and the
obtained options will be propagated to the corresponding tool
configuration as a built-in values.

--
Sebastian Huber, Embedded Brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
PGP     : Public key available on request