How to add CPU_MODEL

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Oct 15 17:34:34 UTC 2008

Hello, all.

I've spent a lot of time reading the docs and must admit that still not
clear...:-(

I am using MPC8247 which is the "sub-model" of MPC8272 which is in
turn "sub-model" of MPC8260.

First of all, RTEMS tree does not recognize the MPC82xx family, but has only
MPC8260. I saw very few references to mpc8242, but too few to understand how
it works.

But there are some differences between all these models which I do not know
how to treat locally in BSP files. For example, the MPC8260 has 16KB+4KB
dpram, while MPC8272 has 8KB+4KB. Or MPC8247 does not have SCC2, while
MPC8260 does have. And so on.

Where can I find some help to read about adding the CPU model without loosing
most of the "main" processor (MPC8260 in my case) features?

Thanks ahead.
--
Leon