rtems 4.8 in ubuntu / sis bsp compilation

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Sun Oct 26 03:44:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 21:53 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 14:37 -0200, Nicolas Horro wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > this my be a silly question, but i can't build rtems 4.8 'sis' bsp in
> > Ubuntu 8.
> >
> > I have followed all the instructions from this tutorial:
> >
> > https://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Building_the_RTEMS_toolset_on_Ubuntu
> I am speechless to find such page in our wiki. It's cluttered with bugs
> to an extend, I'd strongly recommend this page to be removed.

I guess, I should have provided more details:

1. Building rtems is OS-independent.
Having a special page on "building on Ubuntu" doesn't make any sense.

2. The --target to build rtems is versioned
A toolchain using --target=*-rtems
* violates our conventions
* is bad advise (The different versions of the rtems toolchains are NOT
compatible).

3. A toolchain installation prefix of /usr/rtems and a PATH
of /usr/rtems/bin violates the FHS.

Ralf