rtems 4.8 in ubuntu / sis bsp compilation

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Sun Oct 26 17:18:34 UTC 2008

  Hi Ralf, Nicolas,

  I was the original author of that page, and I
  apologize for the inconsistencies with respect to
  the FHS and RTEMS convention.  My approach to naming
  is historical, in that it is how I have been doing
  it, and I can't remember how or when I got it
  wrong.  Of course, that doesn't matter for the here
  and now.

  Ralf, I've fixed these errors on the aforementioned
  wiki page.

  Nicolas, I again apologize for any confusion I have
  caused.

  As to the "OS-independent" assertion, that certainly
  _should_ be true.  However, I did find some
  differences between building on Cygwin and Gentoo
  Linux when I started this on Ubuntu.  Issues such as
  the texinfo, broken C compiler, and installation of
  the BSP seemed interesting enough that others could
  benefit from a wiki page.  I fixed the C compiler
  myself, but the other two issues I got help from the
  mailing list.  In the interest of helping others who
  might encounter the same issues, I wrote the wiki
  page.

  Take care,
  Bob